How do I make a report?
You can make a report 24/7 from any location. You can identify yourself or report anonymously.
- Telephone reports: Call the toll-free BPA Hotline at 800-440-2241 to speak to a Global Compliance communications specialist.
- Web reports: Go to bpa.alertline.com and fill in the information fields over a secure Internet connection.
What should I report?
Report suspected violations of the BPA Code of Conduct. Examples include:
- Personal conduct: misuse of alcohol and illegal drugs, gambling on government property, false reporting of time and expenses, misuse of BPA supplies and equipment, Internet abuse, workplace violence or other unwelcome behavior, misuse of position or other prejudicial behavior.
- Conflicts of interest: financial conflicts of interest, appearance of a conflict of interest, post-employment conflicts.
- Gifts: accepting gifts from a person or organization doing business with BPA or that would like to do business with BPA, soliciting gifts.
- Political activities: violations of the Hatch Act.
What happens after you make a report?
You will be given a report number and pin at the end of your report. Use them to provide additional information or check on the report’s status. BPA may also contact you through the hotline for additional information.
Retaliation. BPA expressly prohibits any form of retaliation against anyone who reports suspected violations of the BPA Code of Conduct. If you believe you have been retaliated against, report it to your manager or other resource if you are a BPA employee. Anyone may report retaliation to the BPA Hotline.
Privacy Act information. Submitted information is collected and maintained according to the Federal Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. Section 552a, et seq. The information you submit could be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. Section 552 as amended.