Atads is designed to provide the structural engineer with a set of tools for analysis and design of lattice transmission structures.
Atads is capable of analysis and design of three-dimensional structures using both Truss and Frame Analysis techniques.
- The number of configurations is limited by available memory. Each configuration typically contains a variation of the tower. Using configurations, differing combinations of legs and body extensions can all be contained in the same model.
- The number of joints, members, and load cases is each limited to 65000, typically far more than is actually needed.
- Tension only members and guy wires can be modeled.
- Translational and rotational restraints can be used that assist in the analysis of unstable structures.
- Wind areas and wind loads can be automatically calculated.
- Nonlinear member performance and Capacity Variation Analysis are included for advanced failure investigation analysis.
- Plotting options allow visualization of many model parameters.
- Hundreds of tests on the model can be performed to help detect common modeling issues. The results help to improve model accuracy.
- A member design tool is included to assist in optimizing a tower design. The tool can be based on either weight or cost.
- Models can be exported to several formats including bitmap, enhanced metafile, and both 2D and 3D International Graphics Standard for import into CAD systems.
- Help is available through the Windows help system as well as through a matching pdf file.
- Example models are included.