BPA is an active participant in the Northwest Power Pool’s ongoing Market Assessment and Coordination Committee (NWPP MC). The MC is a collaboration of 19 public and investor-owned utilities from across the NWPP footprint. It is considering the design for a within-hour energy only market, called a security constrained economic dispatch (SCED), for a subset of NWPP balancing areas (BAs). BPA is launching a public process to consider its participation in the SCED design proposal being put together by the NWPP MC.
It is expected that a subset of the BAs in the NWPP footprint may choose to participate in the SCED, and each BA will make its own decision whether or not to participate. BPA will be developing a draft Record of Decision (ROD) in late 2014 and expects to issue a final ROD on its decision to participate in the SCED during 2015.
At the kickoff meeting, the following topics will be presented and discussed:
• Provide an overview of the NWPP Security Constrained Economic Dispatch
• Information about BPA’s participation in the NWPP MC initiative
• Information about BPA’s plan for engaging its customers and stakeholders in 2014 leading up to a Record of Decision
• Describe BPA’s approach for making a decision and next steps leading up to a Record of Decision
• Listen to customer and stakeholder comments and capture feedback
• Introductory/Education Session about the NWPP MC SCED: 1 - 3 PM
• Agency Decision Making/Stakeholder Engagement Meeting: 3 - 5 PM
Please view this site prior to the Aug. 11 meeting.