After a valid request to amend or correct a record covered by the Privacy Act is received by the FOIA Officer , your request will be acknowledged by email or letter within 10 days. A decision will be issued within 20 days.
The manager of the relevant System of Records, in conjunction with BPA’s Office of General Counsel, will provide a recommendation on correction to the FOIA Officer. Based on the recommendation and independent review, the FOIA Officer will either grant or deny the request for correction.
If your request is granted:
- The Privacy Office will instruct the system manager to make the requested correction.
- You will be advised of the decision in writing, and a copy or description of the correction will be provided to you.
- BPA will notify prior recipients of the record that it has been amended.
If your request is denied:
- You will be advised of the decision in writing
- The reasons for the denial and the system manager's name and title will be included
- Your appeal and disagreement rights will be provided
Return to top