The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program offers you the widest selection of health options in the country. As an employee, you have options to choose from that meet your personal needs. Program features include:
- No waiting periods - utilize your insurance benefits as soon as your coverage is effective
- No pre-existing condition limitations - even if you change plans
- Choice of coverage - choose only self coverage or coverage for yourself and family
- Choice of plans and options - choices include Fee-for-Service plans, Preferred Provider Organizations, Point of Service plan types, and Health Maintenance Organizations
- Government contribution - government contributions are paid towards the total cost of your premium
- Annual enrollment opportunities - enroll or change plans yearly
- Continued group coverage - covers continues following retirement, divorce, while you are away on vacation or sick days, if you transfer between Federal agencies, and death
- Coverage after the FEHB ends - temporary continuation due to leave of Federal service, dependent children or divorce
Flexible Spending Account
Information regarding establishing a Flexible Spending Account
The Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) program is the largest group life insurance program in the world. The cost of basic insurance is shared between you and the government (2/3 employee contribution and 1/3 government). In addition to basic coverage, you may also elect one of three forms of optional insurance.
Long Term Care Insurance
The need for long term care usually arises from age, chronic illness, injury or disability, which renders you unable to perform everyday tasks on your own. John Hancock and MetLife have joined together to create Long Term Care Partners, a service devoted solely to the Federal program.
What is it?
- Covers costs that FEHB does not cover
- Extended family member coverage
- Questions (Long Term Care Specialist) 800-582-3337
- May enroll with abbreviated underwriting
- Deadline for abbreviated underwriting is 60 days from hire date
- May always sign up with full underwriting