BPA is currently closed to visitors due to COVID-19.
BPA is a federal agency subject to access and security regulations
. If you are planning to visit BPA's Headquarters offices in Portland, Oregon, or the Ross Complex offices in Vancouver, Washington, the following information will make that visit easier.
Before your visit
- Make sure you contact the BPA person you are meeting at least 24 hours in advance. Your BPA contact is required to submit a Visitor Access Request to Security and receive access approval prior to your arrival.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, there are additional steps that may require significantly more time to process before your visit can be approved.
- If you intend to bring a computer or other information technology equipment, including certain types of cell phones into a BPA facility, please let your host know in advance so you can be advised on the conduct requirements you will be required to adhere to while on site.
On the day of your visit
- Be sure to bring with you a valid, state or federally issued photo ID (driver's license or passport)
- Upon your arrival at either the Portland Headquarters building or the Ross Complex in Vancouver, you will be scanned by a metal detection device and any boxes, bags, cases, purses etc., will be inspected. NOTE: When visiting the Ross Complex, your car will also be inspected when you enter the campus.
- Do not bring any drugs, alcohol, firearms or weapons (including knives with 2 1/2 inch or greater blade). NOTE: License to carry a concealed firearm issued under state law is not an exemption to this federal prohibition.
- During your visit at BPA, expect to be escorted at all times by your host or another BPA employee.