Middle schools and high schools from counties in western and central Oregon, Washington state west of the Cascades, southwest Washington and the Olympic Peninsula, are eligible to compete in the BPA Regional Science Bowl. Registration is free, and breakfast, beverages, snacks are provided. All competitors receive commemorative prizes, and the winning team from each weekend event, gets an all-expenses paid trip to Washington D.C. to compete in the national finals sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy.
Dates for Science Bowl 2020: Middle School February 8, 2020 and High School February 22, 2020. Please note that there is a two week gap between Middle School and High School events.
- Registration for BPA’s 2020 Regional Science Bowl begins October 1, 2019 on the National Science Bowl Site: https://science.osti.gov/wdts/nsb Please choose the correct Regional event, Middle School or High School.
- Please complete and submit team registration early, as registration is first come, first served. If you have three teams, register all three right away and if we exceed capacity, we will eliminate your third team if necessary by mid-December.
- If you do not have your full team names at the time of registration, list place holder information for the NAMES, for example: Student 1, Student 2, etc. You may update NAMES later.
- The t-shirt sizes you enter in October/November are the t-shirt sizes that will be ordered. We submit our order the first week of December and changes cannot be made after the order is placed.
- COACHES: Please be sure to complete and submit the team registration process online.
- If you do not complete and submit the registration, your team will not show up on our list. If you do not press submit, your team is not registered. If you contact us after registration is closed, you will be placed on the waiting list.
- You will be notified by mid-December if your 3rd team has to be cut. *On the Nationals site where registration takes place: Please ignore the information regarding the process surrounding number of teams you may register to start, 4 weeks, 5 weeks, etc. This is not applicable to our process at Regionals. Register all of your teams as soon as registration opens.
- Please have your team information finalized by early December to assist us with accurate forecasting for this event.Make sure your t-shirt sizes are finalized as well.