Middle schools and high schools from counties in western and central Oregon and Washington State west of the Cascades, and high schools in counties in western and Central Oregon, southwest Washington and the Olympic Peninsula, are eligible to compete in the BPA Regional Science Bowl. Registration is free, and breakfast, beverages, snacks are provided. All competitors receive commemorative prizes, and the winner gets an all-expenses paid trip to Washington D.C. to compete in the national finals sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy.
Dates for Science Bowl 2019: Middle School February 2, 2019 and High School February 9, 2019.
- Registration for BPA’s 2019 Regional Science Bowl begins (exact date to be determined, but always the first week of October) on the National Science Bowl Site: http://science.energy.gov/wdts/nsb/
- Please register early, as registration is first come, first served. If you do not have your full team names, t-shirt sizes at time of registration, list place holder information for example: Student 1, Student 2, etc. You may update details later.
- COACHES: Please be sure to complete the team registration process onliine. If you do not, your team will not show up on our list.
- If you initially register 3 teams, it is possible that one team may be cut in order to accomodate a school without representation. You will be notified by late November if your 3rd team is cut.
- Please have your team information finalized by early December to assist us with accurate forecasting for this event.