Below is a list of frequently-requested, publicly-available BPA information.
- Columbia River System Operations Environmental Impact Statement (CRSO EIS): The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Bureau of Reclamation, and BPA are currently updating the federal plan for the long-term operation, maintenance, and configuration of the Columbia River System. The co-lead agencies are developing an EIS and have identified five alternatives. Information regarding this process is listed below.
- Project Update. This latest project update from September, 2019 includes a description of the alternatives being evaluated in the CRSO Draft EIS.
- Webcast. This video from May, 2019 provides an introduction to the alternatives.
- Email Updates. Add your name to the CRSO EIS mailing list by sending your contact information to email@example.com.
- Columbia River Treaty: Information about the Columbia River Treaty, an international agreement between Canada and the United States for the cooperative development and operation of the water resources of the Columbia River Basin for the benefit of both countries. Additional information is available here.
- Environmental Analysis Information: Data regarding BPA's environmental analyses of the potential effects of proposed actions on air, water, wetlands, endangered species, the social environment, and economies:
- National Environmental Policy Act documents
- Environmental planning and review documents
- Categorical exclusions
- Endangered Species Act information
- BPA Publications: Valuable BPA documents that are publicly available without a FOIA request:
- U.S. Government Accountability Office and Department of Energy Inspector General Audits
- BPA fact sheets, from 2005 to present
- BPA internal policy library
- Records of Decision
- Rate Cases: Information detailing how BPA establishes rates for power and transmission services.
Below is a list of publicly-available information, related to BPA's operations, that is maintained by the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE):
Detailed TDG Reports
: Information about total dissolved gas (TDG) at dams and reservoirs in the Columbia River Basin. Includes hourly spill data for each dam.
Daily Spill Reports
: Information about daily spill at dams and reservoirs in the Columbia River Basin.
Fish Passage Plans
: Developed by USACE in coordination with BPA and regional Federal, State, and Tribal fish agencies, these plans describe year-round operations and maintenance actions to provide fish passage and protection at the eight Corps projects on the lower Columbia and Snake rivers. Plans dating from 2005 include the Federal court-ordered spill requirements.