The current solution, IS 2.0, comprises multiple systems that lack available data visibility to our utility customers, only supports limited workflows, and requires a significant amount of cross-system integrations that are challenging to manage. Also, the technology behind IS 2.0 is no longer supported, so the system must be retired.
BEETS will improve BPA’s energy-efficiency invoicing and reporting process by providing a(n):
- Improved user experience that is work-center focused.
- Centralized data located in one system with consistent terminology.
- Individualized settings and visual management.
- Organized suite of measure offerings with clear requirements for supporting documentation.
- Automated workflows and verification checks for real-time program updates.
- Visual dashboard with visibility into application progress, budget and payments.
- Ability to invoice at utility’s convenience.
- Self-serve and enhanced reporting in real-time.
- On-demand, cloud-based solution that is easier to update and configure.
Current project status
- Overall, BPA’s Energy Efficiency staff is deeply involved in the design and testing of the new system.
- BEETS is in the Execution Phase consisting of configuration, development and testing.
- Development of BEETS’ eleven system programs (e.g. Unit Energy Savings, Option 1 Custom Projects) and eight functional areas (e.g dashboards, invoicing, etc.) continues.
- For customer feedback throughout the project, BPA created a focus group comprised of ten customer utilities.
Who implements BEETS?
What is changing
What this means for you
Questions? Please email EEMarketing@bpa.gov or contact your energy efficiency representative.