BPA's Technology Innovation Office has seen unprecedented success since it’s inception in 2005.
- Support for one of the largest synchrophasor network in North America
- BPA-engineered innovation in helical connector shunt technology to up-rate and extend the life of aging transmission lines
- A pilot program that boosted the adoption of ductless heat pumps in the region
- Innovative power plant monitoring yielding greater real-time visibility and control
- An industry-leading seismic mitigation program
The BPA Technology Innovation team develops research priorities and identify areas where technology transfers can offer the greatest potential value to BPA and its stakeholders.