New Customer Application Process for Transmission Service
The Eligible Customer Registration Requirements below must be satisfied to become a BPA Transmission Services' Point to Point (PTP), Network Integration Transmission (NT) Customer prior to requesting transmission service.
For assistance in the BPA application process, call BPA Transmission Sales (360) 619-6016 and request the assignment of a BPA Transmission Services Account Executive.
In order to become a BPA Transmission Services’ Customer, an entity must qualify as an Eligible Customer as defined in BPA’s Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT) prior to requesting Transmission Service. BPA operates according to its OATT, which provides for open access to its transmission system. It is highly recommended that all applicants read the relevant parts of the OATT and Transmission Services Business Practices to best understand the terms and conditions of open access transmission service that determine the binding rights and obligations of all Transmission Customers.
To become a new Interconnection Customer, see BPA’s Interconnection website.
Eligible Customer Registration Requirements
- Obtain a D-U-N-S® number from Dun and Bradstreet at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform.
- Register entity with the North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) via the Electric Industry Registry (EIR).
• The NAESB User guide may be helpful before starting the registration process.
- Obtain a digital certificate from a Certificate Authority (unless using a Reservation Agent) listed at: https://www.naesbwry.oati.com/NAESBWRY/sys-apply-for-registration-get-cert.wml.
- The certificate is required to access EIR and webOASIS to request transmission