Current Power Rates
The complete rate proceeding record was then sent to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for their review and approval of the rates. The Commission granted interim approval of the power and transmission rates on September 30, 2021. These rates went into effect on October 1, 2021:ls and Datasets"
- 2022 Power Rate Schedules and General Rate Schedule Provisions (GRSPs) (Rev. 12-15-2021)
- 2022 Transmission, Ancillary, and Control Area Service Rate Schedules and GRSPs
(For information on transmission rates, see the Current Transmission Rates page.)
Customer TOCA Billing Determinants for FY 2022-2023 can be viewed at the BP-22 Rate Case webpage (see "BP-22 Models and Datasets" at bottom of the page).
Past power rate schedules are available below. A graph of Historical Priority Firm Power Rates is also available. The “Dollar Bill Graphic” shows BPA’s forecasts of its power costs and revenue sources under the BP-22 power rates. The table below shows the average power rates for the 2-year rate period. Please see the 2022 Power Rate Schedules and GRSPs for the actual rates charged.
“Average” Power Rates1
Effective October 1, 2021 – September 30, 2023
|Rate Category||Average Rates ($/MWh2)|
|PF-22 Priority Firm|
|Public Rate- Average Tier 1 + Tier 2||34.87|
|Public Rate- Average Tier 1 rate||34.93|
|IP-22 Industrial Firm||40.69|
|NR-22 New Resource Firm||78.84|
1The rates represented in this table assume no Power CRAC, Power RDC adjustment, or Power FRP Surcharge. The rates do not include the cost of transmission. The rates shown are averages as applied to a customer class and are shown for reference purposes only.
2 $1/MWh = 1 mill/kWh = $0.001/kWh.
Previous Power Rates
Past power rate schedules are available below:
- FY 2020-2021 Power Rate Schedules (Effective July 2020 – Sep 2021)
- FY 2020-2021 Power Rate Schedules (Effective Oct 2019 – June 2020)
- FY 2018-2019 Power Rate Schedules
- FY 2016-2017 Power Rate Schedules
- FY 2014-2015 Power Rate Schedules
- FY 2012-2013 Power Rate Schedules
- FY 2010-2011 Power Rate Schedules