What are the options for returning losses?
- Concurrent (In-Kind): Customers that choose Concurrent In-Kind Loss Return Service must schedule their Loss Return e-Tag(s) to flow on the same hour of the transmission service that incurred the BPA calculated / posted Loss Obligation. (Starting 10/02/2023)
- Slice (In-Kind): Customers with a Regional Dialogue Slice/Block power sales agreement may return Real Power Losses by adjusting the Customer’s Slice Right to Power.
- Financial Only: Contractual Agreement with BPA Power Marketing to purchase transmission losses from BPA Power Services.
For additional information, see the Power Services Transmission Losses Product page.
Concurrent Losses 101
E. API Query
- Real Power Loss Return Business Practice
- Oversupply Management Protocol (OMP) Business Practice
- Requesting Transmission Service Business Practice
- Scheduling Transmission Service Business Practice
- Concurrent Losses User Guide
- CDE User Guide
- Notification of Real Power Loss Return Service