This page provides information on submitting a Large Generator Interconnection Request. Large Generator Interconnection Business Practice contains the complete process.
A Large Generator is a generator, or an aggregation of generators, whose single or combined generating capacity is greater than 20 MW. The interconnection of Large Generating Facilities to the Federal Columbia River Transmission System (FCRTS) is governed by Attachment L to BPA's Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT).
- Large Generator Interconnection Business Practice
- Open Access Transmission Tariff
- Attachment L (LGIP)
OATT Draft Study Agreement Appendices
- Interconnection Feasibility (FES)
- Interconnection System Impact (ISIS)
- Interconnection Facilities (FAS)
- Optional Interconnection Study Agreement
Technical Interconnection Standards:Please also refer to the BPA Standards and Requirements:
Submitting an LGIP Interconnection RequestA pre-application consultation of up to two hours may be scheduled with BPA at no cost to review the potential technical issues a new project may face. Submit a request for a pre-application consultation to email@example.com. An LGIP Interconnection Request begins with the submittal of the appropriate form, Appendix 1 to the LGIP. An initial deposit of $10,000 is mandated; and an additional deposit of $10,000 is required unless the Interconnection Request is accompanied by a demonstration of Site Control. Note that in certain circumstances, delaying the submittal of Site Control documentation may result in these two deposits being non-refundable: section 3.4.1 of the LGIP sets forth the terms. See Payment and Remittance Instructions.
- New Interconnection Customer Guidelines
- Large Generator Interconnection Request Appendix 1
- Attachment A to Appendix 1
- Site Control & LGIP Section 3.4.1
- Payment and Remittance Instructions
|Reports||Large Generator Materials||Forms|
|BPA FERC Order 845 Study Report Interconnection Request Queue||Large Generator Interconnection Business Practice Site Attachment L (LGIP)|