Utilities that offer Strategic Energy Management provide the opportunity to better understand their industrial customers’ energy use and develop a long-term professional relationship while expanding their customer service resources. Some utilities have also reported increased customer satisfaction from the annual incentives, reduced annual maintenance costs and utility bills.
- $0.025 per kWh of annual SEM verified*** savings
Some benefits to industrial facilities’ are better understanding their electric energy use while introducing a holistic approach to identify, monitor and oversee its energy consumption through continuous improvements and reduce their energy intensity. SEM promotes implementation of a structured, sustainable energy management program that delivers consistent long-term results and helps participants:
- identify low-cost/no-cost O&M strategies,
- develop continuous improvement skills,
- provide frequent tracking of performance that measures energy consumption,
- ·offer peer-to-peer (or individual) support,
- ·offer virtual and in-person coaching workshops, and
- ·other technical assistance, as needed
BPA’s ESI program provides utilities and their end-users with a number of resources and technical experts. Additionally, SEM participants may receive non-energy benefits such as more efficient processes, enhanced surroundings for employees, and improved safety.
***SEM verified savings are calculated at the end of Year 1 and at the end of Year 2. Verified total energy savings measured from the start of the current performance period.